I've been eyeing the little Laughing Cow Mini Babybel cheese, but had yet to try them. I found a $1 off coupon for them on Coupons.com and decided to take the plunge. Reg $2.98 at my Walmart, I paid $1.98 each after coupon and bought two of the little bags of them.
There weren't very many of them, and there are 5 of us, so I decided to make them stretch by slicing them in 1/2 and using them in a recipe. They turned out DELISH! They're like little round mozzarella sticks, only healthier and with pizza crust on the outside. Everyone in the house LOVED them.
- Laughing Cow Original Mini Babybel Cheese (You could buy light, I don't like light cheese)
- Whole wheat pizza crust
- Garlic powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 425 and spray your pizza pan with non-stick spray.
- Start by slicing them in half so that you have 2 circles, not 2 half circles.
- Wrap a small amount of whole wheat pizza crust around them and arrange them on your pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake at 425 for 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy with pizza sauce.
The recovering junk foodie in me wanted to brush butter on the top of them before baking, but I controlled myself. If you make them they way I did (minus butter and with original cheese not light), they come out as 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus points for three of them.